- Duration: 2 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Ballina, NSW
- Product code: P82DLA
The whales are here!
WHALE WATCHING SEASON 2021
How does it work?
Important: There is not an area to enter your Discover Voucher Code through our website, you are just required to bring them to the wharf after selecting the discounted ticket marked (Redeeming Discover Voucher).
Use your $25 Discover Voucher from the NSW Dine & Discover Scheme on our Whale Watching Cruises before July 31st 2021.
- By selecting the price tier ‘Adult (Redeeming Discover Voucher)’ you will receive a $25 discount for the number of participants who wish to redeem their discover voucher.
- You will be required to have your valid Discover Voucher ready to scan at the boat at the time of boarding the cruise.
- Only 1 voucher is accepted per person, per booking (2 Discover vouchers in the same name cannot be redeemed).
- Anyone without a valid Discover Voucher at the time of boarding will be charged the remaining balance of the booking to the credit card on file.
- Please note: All Discover vouchers from the Service NSW app expire after 10 minutes, so please do not screenshot your voucher for boarding, as we will need the valid voucher open on the app OR the code from an original email (that does not expire).
Please book all in one order or add to your notes that you are with another group, so we can try our best to sit you together.
What if your desired time or session is booked out?
Please join our waitlist (Online) if your desired date is booked out. We will call anyone on this list first if seats become available for your group size.
The system will ask for your credit card details, but you will not get charged unless we call and confirm that seats are available for you to join us.
All children must be accompanied by an adult. Minimum age is 5yrs for any cruise on the ocean. Not suitable for pregnant woman or anyone with a back injury. Anyone with cold & flu symptoms will not be allowed to board the vessel.
Times may differ depending on the date, but generally we have
7:30am, 10:00am, 12:30pm, 3:00pm
Times are subject to change if ocean conditions require it.
Encounter astonishing Humpback Whales in their natural habitat as they migrate past the coastline between Ballina and Byron Bay. We depart from Ballina’s Richmond River and enter the pristine waters of Cape Byron Marine Park. Enjoy breathtaking coastal scenery while listening to live Humpback Whale song using our specialised underwater hydrophone. Our friendly Marine Biologist will share in-depth knowledge of the area & jaw-dropping encounters we experience within Byron’s Marine Park.
Each year, between May and November, southern hemisphere Humpback Whales travel north from their Antarctic summer feeding grounds, past Cape Byron headland, and on to their breeding and birthing grounds in the sub-tropics. At more than 2,500-kms, this is considered one of the longest migrations in the animal kingdom. Witnessing this stunning spectacular is easy from Australia’s most easterly point. We are so sure you’ll spot a whale from June 1st until the end of October that we offer a free trip if you don’t see one on your first whale watching adventure!
PLEASE NOTE: Any bookings on Whale Watching cruises that depart before June 1st, do not fall under our Whale Guarantee Policy due to how early it is in the season. We cannot Guarantee Whale sightings before June 1st, so you would be purchasing a ticket with the chance to see some of the first whales making their way up the coast.
- NON-REFUNDABLE TICKETS (Cancellation & Refund Policy) - All tickets purchased will be non-refundable, unless Out Of The Blue Adventures cancels the cruise due to weather/ocean conditions. If you need to cancel your cruise, you must provide 48hrs notice via phone (in opening hours) and your ticket will become a Gift Card credit valid for a period of three years. If you give less than 48hrs notice before cruise departure, you will forfeit your money and not receive a credit. Please read full Cancellation Policy before purchasing your cruise.
- Gift Cards - Gift Cards are non-refundable under any circumstance and cannot be exchanged for cash. If you redeem a Gift Card on a booking that gets cancelled by us due to weather or minimum numbers not met, your Gift Card is still not refundable, they are valid for 3yrs and can be used on another date or transferred to someone else to use. If you purchase Gift Cards, they are open-dated and not a specific date (it won't matter if you select a date before clicking 'Gift Card' - It will still be open-dated)
STEPS AFTER BOOKING
Receive your Confirmation Email & Pre-Arrival Waiver
Your confirmation email with have all the details you need for the day including what to wear and where to park, so please read carefully. We require you to complete a quick and easy Pre-Arrival Waiver before the day of your cruise. You will be unable to board the vessel if you have not completed the Pre-Arrival Waiver