- Duração: 2 Horas (Aproximadamente)
- Localização: Ballina, NSW
- Código de produto: P82DLA
Starts May 22nd
WHALE WATCHING SEASON 2023
Please book all in one order or add to your notes that you are with another group, so we can try our best to sit you together.
What if your desired time or session is booked out?
Please join our waitlist (Online) if your desired date is booked out. We will call anyone on this list first if seats become available for your group size.
The system will ask for your credit card details, but you will not get charged unless we call and confirm that seats are available for you to join us.
All children must be accompanied by an adult. Minimum age is 5yrs for any cruise on the ocean. Not suitable for pregnant women or anyone with a neck, back or spine injury. Anyone with cold & flu symptoms will not be allowed to board the vessel.
Times may differ depending on the date, but generally we have
7:30am, 10:00am, 12:30pm, 3:00pm
Times are subject to change if ocean conditions require it.
Encounter astonishing Humpback Whales in their natural habitat as they migrate past the coastline between Ballina and Byron Bay. We depart from Ballina’s Richmond River and enter the pristine waters of Cape Byron Marine Park. Enjoy breathtaking coastal scenery while listening to live Humpback Whale song using our specialised underwater hydrophone. Our friendly Marine Biologist will share in-depth knowledge of the area & jaw-dropping encounters we experience within Byron’s Marine Park.
Each year, between May and November, southern hemisphere Humpback Whales travel north from their Antarctic summer feeding grounds, past Cape Byron headland, and on to their breeding and birthing grounds in the sub-tropics. At more than 2,500-kms, this is considered one of the longest migrations in the animal kingdom. Witnessing this stunning spectacular is easy from Australia’s most easterly point. We are so sure you’ll spot a whale from June 1st until the 23rd October that we offer a free trip if you don’t see one on your first whale watching adventure!
PLEASE NOTE: Any bookings on Whale Watching cruises that depart before June 1st or after October 23rd, do not fall under our Whale Guarantee Policy due to how early / late it is in the season. We cannot Guarantee Whale sightings before June 1st or after October 23rd, so you would be purchasing a ticket with the chance to see some of the first whales making their way up the coast.
- NON-REFUNDABLE TICKETS (Cancellation & Refund Policy) - All tickets purchased will be non-refundable, unless Out Of The Blue Adventures cancels the cruise due to weather/ocean conditions. If you need to cancel your cruise, you must provide 48hrs notice via phone (in opening hours) and your ticket will become a Gift Card credit valid for a period of three years. If you give less than 48hrs notice before cruise departure, you will forfeit your money and not receive a credit. Please read full Cancellation Policy before purchasing your cruise.
- Gift Cards - Gift Cards are non-refundable under any circumstance and cannot be exchanged for cash. If you redeem a Gift Card on a booking that gets cancelled by us due to weather or minimum numbers not met, your Gift Card is still not refundable, they are valid for 3yrs and can be used on another date or transferred to someone else to use. If you purchase Gift Cards, they are open-dated and not a specific date (it won't matter if you select a date before clicking 'Gift Card' - It will still be open-dated)
STEPS AFTER BOOKING
Receive your Confirmation Email & Pre-Arrival Waiver
Your confirmation email with have all the details you need for the day including what to wear and where to park, so please read carefully. We require you to complete a quick and easy Pre-Arrival Waiver before the day of your cruise. You will be unable to board the vessel if you have not completed the Pre-Arrival Waiver