- Duration: 90 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Ballina, NSW
- Product code: P0XXJV
The Ballina & Byron Bay coast plays host to resident pods of bottle nose dolphins all year round. They number between 80 and 120, depending on the time of year, but they always provide our passengers of all ages a thrill, an experience to remember; something that always brings a smile to everyone’s face.
Bottlenose Dolphins are spotted in their natural habitat as they play and swim along the coastline between Ballina and Byron Bay on our incredible Dolphin Cruise. We depart from Ballina’s Richmond River and enter the pristine waters of Cape Byron Marine Park. Our friendly Marine Biologist will share in-depth knowledge of the area & marine creature encounters we experience within Byron’s Marine Park. Learn about our local pods of dolphins, their habits and behaviours. We are so sure you’ll spot a dolphin that we offer a free return trip if you don’t see one on your first Dolphin Cruise!
We are proud sponsors of Dolphin Research Australia and the Healthy Waterways—Healthy Dolphins Project! These research and conservation projects work to protect vulnerable communities impacted by human activities and habitat destruction. We also provide our vessel for monthly surveys and participate in the Dolphin Watcher’s Program that monitors dolphins in the region. We have witnessed and documented the arrival of numerous babies over the last few years and we continue to be amazed at the population growth of the pods along the Ballina & Byron Bay coast.
Come and see our beautiful dolphins as they swim and play off the bow of our vessel ‘Out Of The Blue’.
Attention Groups: Please book all in one order or add to your notes that you are with another group, so we can try our best to sit you together.
STEPS FOR BOOKING
1. Read our Terms & Conditions & COVID-19 Policy
Please read our current Terms & Conditions - Here
Please read our current COVID-19 Policy in regards to Whale Watching Cruises - Here
2. Book your Date & Make Payment
3. Receive your Confirmation Email
4. Receive Reminder & COVID-19 Questionnaire
24hrs prior to cruise departure you will receive a cruise reminder and be required to submit a mandatory digital COVID-19 Questionnaire during the coronavirus period, to keep both passengers and crew safe. Submit within 24hrs prior to cruise. You will be unable to board the vessel if you have not completed the Questionnaire.
5. What should I WEAR & BRING?
Unfortunately Due to COVID-19, we are temporarily NOT PROVIDING SPRAY JACKETS (PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN). If your wondering what might be the best attire or what you should bring with you, take a look – Here
6. Where should I park?
If your wondering where you can park in Ballina, take a look – Here
COVID-19 IMPORTANT CHANGES (Please Read)
Our precautions and changes to our normal cruise include, but are not limited to:
- Not offering Drinking Water from our re-usable bottles or GF snacks (Please bring your own if you wish)
- Not offering our Weather Jackets for use whilst on the cruise (Please bring your own - highly recommended as it can get very cold out on the ocean)
- We will try our best to keep groups together as much as possible when organising the seating plan.
- NON-REFUNDABLE TICKETS (Cancellation & Refund Policy). All tickets purchased will be non-refundable, unless Out Of The Blue Adventures cancels the cruise due to weather/ocean conditions. If you need to cancel your cruise, you must provide 48hrs notice via phone (in opening hours) and your ticket will become a Gift Card credit valid for a period of three years. If you give less than 48hrs notice before cruise departure, you will forfeit your money and not receive a credit. Please read full Cancellation Policy before purchasing your cruise.
- GIFT CARDS: ALL GIFT CARDS ARE OPEN-DATED. Please keep in mind that any Gift Cards purchased during this time will still follow our non-refundable policy as they are valid for 3 years. Gift Cards are non-refundable under any circumstance and cannot be exchanged for cash. If you redeem a Gift Card on a booking that gets cancelled by us due to weather or minimum numbers not met, your Gift Card is still not refundable, they are valid for 3yrs and can be used on another date or transferred to someone else to use.
All children must be accompanied by an adult. Minimum age is 5yrs for any cruise on the ocean. Not suitable for pregnant woman or anyone with a back injury. Anyone with cold & flu symptoms will not be allowed to board the vessel.